Senior QA Engineer
SENIOR QA ENGINEER
We are looking for Senior QA Engineer to join us at GigaVoice. An experienced and agile professional that strives for code perfection on the technical side, and a reliable and communicative individual on the personal side.
Let’s zoom into the essence of this role.
You will work in local and distributed teams of QA professionals, with technical and PM guidance from USA. Closely collaborating with developers in several countries.
Your assigned projects fall in a portfolio of award-winning consumer websites across different domains – health, automotive, legal and home/travel. Hundreds of brands that serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, with a full range of web presence offerings that has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. As a senior team member, you will be contributing towards implementation of new technologies and taking the projects to the next level.
- Coordinating testing activities with the QA Manager and Project Managers.
- Working closely with on-site and remote development resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Planning, creating, and documenting testing for projects.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and scripts to ensure coverage based on requirements.
- Test case and script design, maintenance, and validation.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Developing and executing automated test scripts.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- Managing, training, and mentoring interns, from time to time.
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies.
- Experience with functional, compatibility, integration, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, and stress testing.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and multiple software engineering and testing methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
- Proficiency in web-based, n-tier software testing
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience with automated load testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Eggplant, Canoo).
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation from requirements/specifications.
- Experience gathering testing requirements for projects with minimal development documentation.
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited, four-year university or equivalent professional experience.
Our core team members and QA colleagues are here to share the real story behind their daily duties and scope of projects. All the practical aspects, as well as the fun side of it. You will discover many more reasons to see yourself in our great picture.
In the ocean of QA opportunities, this one stands out. Find out why!
Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org