MID QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
The QAE will work closely with the QA Manager on process engineering and project development. As part of his/her duties, the QAE will be expected to document and perform testing on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies, a background in computer science, proven automated scripting capabilities, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Coordinating testing activities with the QA Manager and Project Managers.
– Working closely with on-site and remote development resources in several countries.
– Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
– Planning, creating, and documenting testing for projects.
– Reviewing test plans, test cases, and scripts to ensure coverage based on requirements.
– Test case and script design, maintenance, and validation.
– Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
– Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
– Developing and executing automated test scripts.
– Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
– Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
– Reproducing customer-reported issues.
– Assisting developers with issue analysis.
– Verification of patches and bug fixes.
– Managing, training, and mentoring interns, from time to time.
– 2+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies.
– Strong understanding of the SDLC and multiple software engineering and testing methodologies.
– Completion a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university or equivalent professional experience.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
– Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
– Proficiency in web-based, n-tier software testing.
– Experience with functional, compatibility, integration, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, and stress testing.
– Proficient in SQL.
– Experience with automated load testing tools (ex. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Eggplant, Canoo).
– Experience creating test cases and testing documentation from requirements/specifications.
– Experience gathering testing requirements for projects with minimal development documentation.
– Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
– Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.).
– Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).