SENIOR ANDROID DEVELOPER
2 Senior Android developers will have the opportunity to join the mobile teams in our offices in Skopje and Strumica. An action-oriented person with strong time management and organizational skills would be a prefect company and cultural fit. You will help build and support our partner's diverse portfolio of apps that fall under categories such as health, cars, legal/travel.
As a member of an international team you'll be working with colleagues in Macedonia, technical and graphic design leadership in Southern California and new York, and peers in 3-4 different countries around the world. In this position, you will have the opportunity both to improve successful, already-launched applications and to be a key team member helping build new apps from scratch.
- Design and implement mobile solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices.
- Estimate tasks to help with planning.
- Research and resolve client reported issues.
- Contribute to design of backend webservices.
- Perform code reviews of your team members' work.
- Write unit tests and UI tests to help continuously test our apps and increase the quality of our apps.
- Review project requirements and define acceptance criteria with the team.
- Contribute to a SCRUM based agile team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Participate in software design discussions.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in Mobile Development (for Senior)
- Must have several apps published in Google Play app store. At least one of the apps must have server side interactions.
- Must have an understanding of major Android Design & Development paradigms spanning User Experience (native and webviews), data ingestion, analytics, webservices etc.
- Must have an understanding of application of Material Design Guidelines
- Must have experience writing multi-threaded apps.
- Must demonstrate skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code.
- Experience with JSON and XML.
- Experience with version control – Git preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, business management, time management and developmental skills.
- Strong English-language communication.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience using Charles
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using Espresso for UI Automation
- Experience using Mockito for Unit, Integration, and UI Testing
- Familiarity with webservice tooling platforms such as Apiary or Swagger.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment. Feel free to get in touch with us and get to know our core team members as well as discover even more reasons to see yourself in our great picture.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org